1. Data we collect and store
- For registered users, we collect personal and contact information in connection with the creation of your EduFocal account. You can access and update your account information through the account homepage. This information is stored on EduFocal servers indefinitely, even if you terminate your account.
- We collect content that users post on the EduFocal site, such as sample answers to questions, comments, and biographical information (for teachers). This content is stored in our database, even after “deletion.” Also, search engines and other sites not affiliated with EduFocal - including archive.org, google.com, and groups.yahoo.com - may archive or otherwise make available content contained in EduFocal postings.
- We may also collect personal or contact information if you post it on public areas of the EduFocal site, or if you contact us directly. Please do not post any personal information on public areas of the EduFocal site (such as answers to questions, comments, messages to teachers or other users) that you expect to keep private.
- We collect your email address for purposes such as: user registration, sending confirmation emails, authenticating user accounts, providing subscription email services, etc.
- Our web logs collect standard web log entries for each page served, including your IP address, page URL, and timestamp. Web logs help us to diagnose problems with our server, to administer the EduFocal site, and to otherwise provide our service to you. These web logs and other records are stored indefinitely.
2. Protecting your privacy
- Although we make good faith efforts to store the information we store in a secure operating environment that is not available to the public, we cannot guarantee complete security.
- For registered users, we may enable other registered users to contact you via the EduFocal messaging functionality. However, your contact information will not be available to other registered users or the public unless you post it in public areas of the EduFocal site, in which case other registered users, and potentially other individuals, may be able to access it.
- Your name and certain biographical information that you choose to provide to us, including your grade, your school, and a photo (if you upload one), may be available to other registered users in certain areas of the EduFocal site, including via your Profile page, the Leaderboard, and the Question Queue.
- We don't share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
- We don't engage in cross-marketing or link-referral programs with other sites.
- We don't employ tracking devices such as cookies for marketing purposes.
- We don't send you unsolicited communications for marketing purposes.
- Account information is password-protected. Keep your password safe and do not share it with others.
- EduFocal, or people who post on EduFocal, may provide links to third party websites, which may have different privacy practices. We are not responsible for, nor have any control over, the privacy policies of those third party websites, and encourage all users to read the privacy policies of each and every website visited.
3. Circumstances in which EduFocalmay release information
- We may disclose information about our registered users if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process.